Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Garden/Sewing

This was my project from yesterday that I couldn't figure out how to download.  This past weekend Dan and I went to Bonanzaville in West Fargo. Bonanzaville by itself is really historically interesting but this past weekend they also had an Art Fair. There was knitting, nalbinding, quilting, felting, toothbrush rugs, tatting, weaving, and there was a lady making yo-yo's. Dan dropped me off and I stayed until I was done, had a great time. From one of the quilting shops I bought a charm pack of floral prints and a pack of apple cores for a table runner. I started with one apple core and didn't like my layout so will take that to quilting tomorrow and get the help of the professional quilters.  Did start the charm pack and decided to do 9 patches (the picture below).



Then I decided to do a disappearing 9 patch (picture below) which was kind of fun. This will also go to quilting to help me decided if I want to put in a strip between the half 9-patches and if so what kind of fabric. Any suggestions?


This is today's produce from the garden. We will have another zucchini tomorrow and have a bunch still growing.  We already had 1.5 zucchini in the refrigerator so I grated them, froze 5 bags for muffins this winter and made Zucchini Blueberry Muffins which are really good, used mostly whole wheat flour so a little healthier than normal. Yellow beans for supper tomorrow. We had leftovers for supper tonight.


The weather has been beautiful today, sunny in the mid 70s and tonight is cool again, in the low 60s and rained for a little while again. Tomorrow I will show you our new visitor.

Had my mammogram today so am done for the year with all testing and exams --yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment