Friday, January 9, 2009

Grocery Shopping/Anniversary

Although grocery shopping is not the most exciting thing in the world we went tonight out of necessity. It was kind of fun as we have Albertson's in our area. When shopping there you have to be really careful on the specials as they are very specific. Tonight we did good. We ended up paying $42.48 for a bunch of groceries (didn't take a picture sorry). We used a $5.00 gift card from a previous purchase, and saved $51.54 (savings, coupons and double coupons), and in addition have 3-$5.00 coupons off our next visit. My kind of shopping. I am really trying to concentrate on stocking up on items when they are on a really good sale and I have coupons to match.

Went to Wal-Mart and picked up a manicure set for $2.50 and a few other little items we may use for Christmas gifts next year, stocking stuffer type items.

Today we (Dan and I) celebrated our 28th anniversary. Sometimes it doesn't seem that long, and sometimes seems like forever......we both say this so it is okay. He bought me a very beautiful locket and he got a kaleidoscope.

Work has changed in that we are now on a rotating weekend schedule. There are six of us rotating so will only have to work about 8 weekends a year. I probably won't know what to do with myself after working the past three years every weekend but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! And welcome back to the blogoverse!

    ReplyDelete