Sunday, May 6, 2018

Knitting and Reading

This blog post contains affiliated links.  Please see disclosure policy on the side bar.

I am trying to get motivated to do more knitting, it is a struggle.  I don't want to be working on the same project month after month.  There is supposed to be progress, right? :)

This month I needed success in getting something, anything finished.  To that end I knit two Top This Hat.  These were quick easy knits.  The black and white was a toddler size and the pink is a small adult.  These were fun little knits and satisfied my need to finally get something done.




These were knit on size 9-16 inch circular and then double point needles.  
Circular Needles:  Yarnology Brand purchased at Hobby Lobby

The current project I am working on is a baby blanket for a boy that is going to be born way sooner than I am ready for him to be here, but time does not wait for knitters to finish their projects so I need to kick it in gear.  

It is a gradient Blanket. 
Yarn:  Feza Hand-dyed Baby Yarn purchased from Yarnology in Winona, MN
Needles:  Addi Turbo Lace, Size US 3, 24 inch.

I love the look on this blanket but I can't say I love the yarn. It is not a tight ply so is very difficult not to have the threads split.  I was going back and fixing all the split yarn but decided unless it was really noticeable to just fore go this, it was just taking far too long.  When you have a yarn that splits as much as this one did you have to have extremely sharp needles like lace needles.

As for reading I am currently reading A Higher Loyalty by James Comey.  I am keeping an open mind, trying to evaluate what he is putting down in context of how our government should perform and reality. 

The other book I am trying to finish but am having a little difficulty because it just hasn't grabbed me like some other books do is The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George.  I know it has been a bestseller in other countries for quite some time,  I want to finish as I am over halfway done.  The struggle is real with this book.  Amazon has it at a price that is really inexpensive.  



No comments:

Post a Comment