Monday, February 22, 2010

Procrastination

In the spirit of finishing a paper that is due tonight, with Sam working this weekend and Dan gone to Phoenix you think I would have slaved on it, but nooooo... the motivation was not there so instead I did this.



These are the Fetching Fingerless Mitts that is all over the internet and Ravelry. It seems like almost everyone has made them, super quick, easy knit. I included the second picture even though it is a little fussy (thanks Sam) for the detail. The first pair I had made was made out of the recommended yarn Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran but actually ended up running out of yarn, went and bought more just to finish the 2nd mitten. When I went to The Yarnery in Minneapolis, they recommended the yarn below and I love it. Plenty of yarn to work with plus the yarn is fabulously soft. Color in the picture is pretty accurate.

Specifications:
Pattern: Fetching
Yarn: Frog Tree Meriboo
Color #46
Needles: Susan Bates US Size 6.

These mittens only took the weekend to make. I have always been so envious of people who finish things so quickly because I am so slow. I guess what you need is a project you really don't want to do to keep you focused on what you actually really want to do.

Anyway, I'm going to make supper and finish this paper, it is due at midnight, no more putting it off.

Weather is a little cold but not too bad. Dan is on his way home. He got to Denver, they overbooked his plane and kicked him off. He was supposed to leave their at 1 PM, new time 8 PM.  Surprisingly he didn't seem too upset, he must have gotten a good deal out of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment