Tuesday, March 2, 2010

03/02/2010

I am really trying not to buy yarn but had a coupon, so went to Hobby Lobby and bought some wool.  What can I say I am weak.  Anyway, John is getting a hat and mittens from it.  So far the hat is done except for the ties, it is washed and is blocking in the picture below.


The tweedy look is fabulous.

Specs:
Pattern: Basic Earflap Hat - www.heyjulie.wordpress.com
Yarn: Fishermen's Wool (Hobby Lobby)
Needles: Addi Turbo 16" Size US 7; Susan Bates, Metal, Size 7 double points

Today the mail was great, we got the new Midwest Living and the new Piecework magazine. There is an article about  the Weave-It loom. Mom gave me one of these probably about 38 or so years ago and being the pack-rat that I am it is still in my cache of crafty things. I love this magazine, love the history of the pieces.

Finished another yearly goal - Savings goal reached locally at the Credit Union. I have a savings account that is on-line and my investment accounts but wanted to have some cash locally. This was saved from miscellaneous sources, not paychecks, i.e. E-bay sales, rebates, that kind of stuff.  Yeah - another one goal reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment