Thursday, March 11, 2010

Weaving weekend

This weekend of weaving was wonderful. This is the scarf I finished during the class. Sam claimed this as soon as I showed it to him.

Close-up of weave.


Warp: Merino 2/6 Fleece Artist (hand dyed)
Weft: Nature Spun, Blueberry

After this was done I warped for another scarf.

The warp colors are green/black varigated and I am going to weft with black. The yarn that is woven at this point is waste  yarn. The look is a Beka loom that the owners of the Yarnery make and obviously sell at their store. (Don't look at the floor, it is horrible)

Some other goodies purchased on this trip:

This is Crazy Zauberball sock yarn. It will be fun to see how it knits up. Sorry for the blur.

Also:

 This is Cotton Ease in Maize. The picture looks more orange than yellow but in actuality the color is more yellow than orange. I thought it would make a stuffed duck for John for Easter.  We'll see if it gets done in time. Okay somehow this got totally screwed up. Hate when that happens.


This is what I won at the Rowan 30th Anniversary at the Textile Center. It was a great time. Met some really nice people and Kris met me for the presentation. (four skeins of Kidsilk Aura, plus the bag -- I love bags).





No comments:

Post a Comment