Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Unemployed

Welcome to 2011. Although I am still in my sarcastic state of mind about having my job outsourced it really is okay. Living in North Dakota has the benefit of having jobs available, many jobs. I find it ironic that employers think you are going to be fantastically eager to go work for the company that is helping to eliminate your job, especially when they pay 1/2, you heard right, 1/2 of what you are currently making. I think it is time to look for a different career, maybe go back to school, we'll see. I knew it was coming, gut instinct, so am really not surprised. Truly thought I would be more upset and angry. Honestly my thoughts are with my coworkers who do not have the options North Dakota brings.  Florida and Georgia are not great states to be looking for a job. The biggest hassle is insurance. Insurance runs through the end of the month so baby it is time to get it done. Meds filled, teeth cleaned, any dental work done, eyes checked, new glasses  or contacts, no problem it is covered.

Danielle got his wisdom teeth pulled today and is doing well. She is a little swollen and groggy from the "good meds".

The rest of the week is supposed to be beautiful in the 30s. We deserve it after having -30, -40, etc for about a week. It is brutal.  This has already been a really hard winter and the typically hardest months are still to come.

One more day of work and I'm done. My typical way of coping is to make plans on what I want to get done shortly after the change. The list is made and we'll see what develops. I may have the cleanest house in town. Actually with a 2 year old in the house I'm sure that is not going to be the case! Maybe I'll even get some knitting done.

1 comment:

  1. Well you could become a tightwad. You might save tons of money doing and be able to stay home!

    ReplyDelete