Thursday, February 10, 2011

Woodworking

Sam ordered a lathe about 5 days ago and it finally got here. He doesn't know it yet as he is working. I went to bring it in the house as UPS only puts it on the steps. It's so heavy I can't lift it so it is going to get snowed on (actually I'll put a bag over it).  The weather is beautiful today but is snowing, the weather yesterday was nasty but no snow. I guess we can't have it both ways. When we were talking the other night he was lamenting the fact that he wished he would have spent more time with my dad working on the lathe. You try to tell them when they are teenagers but they seem to know everything and are too busy for the things that really matter.

Finished the book Rescue last night, it was pretty good, not fantastic.  Listed it on e-bay this morning.  Next book to read is The Inner Circle by Brad Meltzer.

Tomorrow I am supposed to be paid, we'll see if that happens. They hold our checks until we have turned in all our equipment. I sent mine last Friday, they definitely should have it by now.

Yesterday I finished a sock and started the second one. Pictures will come later when they are both done.

I ordered The Tasha Tudor Cookbook, received it this week and made pancakes this morning. The kids loved them. There are many great recipes so it will be fun to experiment with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment